Click to Call
Bronson Insurance Services

2345 W Ryan Rd, Suite H
Oak Creek, WI 53154

Get Directions

Bronson Insurance Services Blog

Flood Insurance Covers Your Home Investment in Uncertain Climate Conditions

In the traumatic aftermath of a house flood, the distress of losing personal belongings and the staggering cost of repairs can be overwhelming. Fortunately, flood insurance is designed to offset a large portion of these unforeseen expenses, often saving homeowners from depleting their savings or accruing debt to restore their homes. At Bronson Insurance Services in Oak Creek, WI, we specialize in helping clients find the flood insurance coverage they need to safeguard their finances.

Increasing Instances of Sudden Flooding

In recent years, flooding has been largely confined to coastal areas or regions near inland rivers and streams. However, due to unforeseen climate changes and alterations in the landscape due to development, more areas are prone to unseasonable flooding. This has led to a rise in the appreciation of flood insurance as part of comprehensive financial planning.

Flood Insurance Offers Broad Coverage

Flood insurance policies cover damage to both your property and its contents. They include coverage for damage to electrical systems, plumbing, permanent carpets, fitted cabinets, bookcases, furnaces, water heaters, and kitchen appliances. They also cover personal items like clothing, furniture, electronics, and household appliances. The flood insurance premium is a practical investment given the cost of replacing these items.

Secure Your Home with Bronson Insurance Services

If you’re apprehensive about the flood risk in your area and its potential impact on your finances, consider securing a flood insurance policy. Contact us at Bronson Insurance Services in Oak Creek, WI, for a no-obligation flood insurance quote. Be prepared for unexpected flooding in today’s unpredictable climate conditions.

Flood Insurance for Renters

Bronson Insurance Services wants to clear up a misconception about flood insurance for Oak Creek, WI homes. You do not have to own a home to purchase flood insurance. Renters can also purchase flood insurance policies.

The Same Great Coverage Homeowners Get

The NFIP does not provide separate policies for homeowners and renters. Instead, it lets the purchaser decide whether to cover the structure and contents, the structure only, or just the contents. Renters choose the contents-only option, while their landlords buy the structure policy.

A renter of an apartment, condo, home, yurt, etc. can purchase a flood policy to protect the contents of their home. The contents-only policy covers only the personal property of the renter. If the landlord also keeps items on the premises, such as furnishings, they will need to purchase contents coverage for those items.

Purchasing NFIP Coverage Locally

Both the NFIP and FEMA flood insurance websites offer a ton of information on flood insurance, but you don’t buy the policies there. Instead, you buy flood policies from local insurance agents like those at Bronson Insurance Services. These agents offer coverage through the NFIP; it meets the criteria set by FEMA and NFIP.

Contact Us Today

Don’t let the chance of flood damage impede your enjoyment of your Oak Creek, WI home, whether you own or rent it. Contact our insurance agency to obtain flood insurance designed for renters, so you can protect your personal belongings. Let us help you find the right level of coverage and explore add-ons like coverage that pays for your hotel if a flood damages the home you rent so that you can not stay there until it undergoes repairs.

Do I need flood insurance on top of my homeowner’s policy?

Home insurance typically covers certain types of water damage, but only if it’s caused by a specified peril (like a broken pipe). Floods, however, are not usually covered by standard homeowners insurance policies. That means that if you live in an area prone to flooding, you’ll need extra flood insurance coverage in order to protect your home and belongings.

Fortunately, at Bronson Insurance Services, we specialize in covering Oak Creek, WI area homes and businesses from floods and other disasters.

Why Flood Insurance?

Flood insurance can provide important protection if your home or possessions are damaged by floods. It can help pay for repairs to your home or the replacement of lost or damaged possessions. And while the cost of flood insurance depends on several factors (including where you live and how much coverage you want), it’s often more affordable than you might think.

Fortunately, obtaining flood insurance doesn’t have to be difficult: The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offers coverage for all 50 states at competitive rates. So, if you’re wondering whether it’s worth getting flood insurance on top of your homeowner’s policy—the answer is yes! Taking out additional flood coverage could give you the peace of mind of knowing that if a flood does strike, you won’t be left with potentially devastating financial losses due to lack of protection.

Give Us A Call

If you have any questions about your coverage, or if you want tips to help prepare your home or business in case of a flood, give us at Bronson Insurance Services a call today. We proudly serve the Oak Creek, WI area and would be glad to help you prepare for whatever Mother Nature has in store.

How Do Flood Insurance Policies Vary?

Flood insurance is a coverage that we at Bronson Insurance Services offer our many Oak Creek, WI customers. However, we know that some customers may want different types of policies or coverage options. Do flood insurance policies differ significantly or are they pretty similar?

Flood Insurance is Fairly Uniform

The federal government typically demands uniform flood insurance policies between different companies to ensure that citizens receive enough protection. As a result, you don’t find many variations between what policies do and don’t cover, as most cover everything a flood triggers.

The prices between different providers are typically also fairly uniform and only change depending on what level of coverage you purchase. While some regions may have specific minimal flood insurance policy requirements, others may have higher requirements or none at all. As a result, it is important to do a little shopping and compare first.

Differing Coverage Options

While federal regulations keep flood insurance fairly similar between the varying providers, it is also true that they do have a few differences. Chief among these variations is the overall coverage you receive. Simply put, some policies will let you choose how much money you want to receive.

Note that paying for higher coverage will also increase your premium costs. However, if you live in a high-risk flood area, you may be required by law to hold one of these higher-premium policies. Thankfully, relief programs may provide you with some compensation for these policy costs.

Give Us A Call

As you can see, flood insurance policies are typically fairly uniform and don’t vary a lot between insurance companies. That’s because they’re federally regulated in ways that others are not. If you’re curious about your options for Oak Creek, WI, call us at Bronson Insurance Services today.

What does flood insurance cover

Floods have become a way of life for many people all over the United States. Places that have never experienced flooding before now are in danger of rising seas and changing weather patterns. Home insurance, condo insurance, and renters insurance won’t cover floods. If you live in a community that is part of the national flood plan, you may want to consider adding flood insurance to your portfolio. At Bronson Insurance Services in Oak Creek, WI, we represent some of the best carriers in the business, and we will make sure you get the insurance you need at a price you can afford. 

Flood insurance is issued through FEMA by the National Flood Insurance Program. About 60 carriers have been authorized to offer this government-supported flood insurance, or you can get it through NFIP Direct. In order to purchase it, you must live in one of the participating communities. You can also purchase flood insurance that is not from NFIP and if your needs go beyond the limits allowed with the federal program, you may need to. 

Flood insurance is sold in two parts, property and contents. You can purchase either one of them alone or both, it’s your choice. 

Property coverage is for the physical building including walls, floors, and roof. It also includes permanent fixtures like the major systems in the home, electric, HVAC, and plumbing. The limit of this policy is $250,000.

Contents coverage is all the moveable things, your personal possessions, window AC unit, washer, and dryer, electronics, and furniture. The limit of this coverage is $100,000. This may not be enough for some people to cover their personal property which would make using another flood insurance type a viable option. 

Contact Bronson Insurance Services in Oak Creek, WI with all your questions and concerns about flood insurance. 

Servicing States

  • Wisconsin
  • Illinois


Google Reviews
  • Attune
  • Builders Trades
  • ClearCover
  • Cowbell
  • Dairyland
  • Erie Insurance
  • Foremost
  • Founders
  • lemonade
  • Main Street
  • National General
  • Allstate
  • Progressive
  • The General